This is a clear epoxy sealer especially formulated as the first coating on clean and properly prepared concrete floors prior to the application of epoxy floor coatings such as Destiny Haard Floor Epoxy Floor Coating and Destiny Maagnum Floor High Built Self Leveling Epoxy Floor Coating. It is easy to apply by roller or trowel. It penetrates into the pores of the concrete surface and cures within the pores thus sealing the surface from water rising from below the concrete slab. It protects the floor coating topcoats from the rising water and wetness in the pores. It may also be used as sealer for concrete walls and other masonry surfaces such as rough ceramic surfaces. It is two (2) component, Parts A, Base and Part B, Catalyst. It adheres with epoxy glue adhesion and strengthens the floor coating system.
Light sand to remove the gloss prior to applying subsequent coats. Do the sanding six (6) hours after the application since the surface may become too hard to sand after sic (6) hours.
SURFACES TO BE PAINTED, SUBSTRATES
Formulated for concrete floors. Also applicable for concrete walls and ceilings, and other non-smoothened masonry surfaces.
Destiny EPR-500 Epoxy Reducer.
Do not tint.
Brush, roller, spray, putty knife or trowel. Test the brush or roller for compatibility with the epoxy.
COVERAGE/ SPREADING RATE
Twenty (20) square meters per 4 Liter on plain surface. Actual coverage depends on the porosity and roughness of the concrete or masonry surface.
Six (6) hours. Twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) hours before recoating. Light sand in between coats to remove the gloss. Do light sanding immediately after six (6) hours or coating may become too hard to sand.
Stir the Part A Base well. Then pour all of the Part B Catalyst into the Part A can slowly and stir very well. Slowly add Destiny EPR-500 Epoxy Reducer until the desired viscosity is attained. Stir very well. Mix only the quantity that will be used within the next twenty (20) minutes as the mixture will harden in the can.
Part A – 4 liter can with 3.0 liter contents, and
Part B – l liter can with l.0 liter contents.
1. Store in shaded ventilated area.
2. Keep out of reach of children.
3. Keep tightly closed when not in use.
4. Be sure to follow the instructions for mixing and use.
5. Once mixing of Parts A and B is done the mixture must be totally consumed within twenty (20) minutes. Mix only the quantity that will be applied within twenty (20) minutes.
6. Provide adequate ventilation during application and during curing.
7. Flammable. Keep away from fire, sparks and heat during storage, during application and during curing.
8. Sensitive to UV rays of the sun. Do not expose the applied coating to sunlight for prolonged periods as the applied product may chalk.
9. When used for exterior, use as primer only. Must be topcoated.
10. Smooth-finished concrete floors, new poured concrete floors, and floors with pure cement finish must first be treated with 10 percent Muriatic Acid in order to remove the laitance (soft pure cement) and to slightly roughen the surfaces to that resembling fine sandpaper. Or, the surface may be mechanically cleaned and roughened with power sander or concrete planer.
11. All concrete floors must be free of all dirt, oil, grease, floor wax and other impurities that will impair adhesion. Test all old floor surface for oil or wax (especially floor wax) by means of the oil film test. Should any presence be detected, wash with water with detergent well and/ or remove using solvent. Then test again.
12. Concrete surfaces with concrete hardeners, curing compounds and other additives may render the concrete surface incompatible with paint. Consult the manufacturers of the additives regarding their compatibility before applying paints.
13. Make sure that the surfaces to be painted are clean, dry and sound (no loose, soft, brittle, flaky or crumbling concrete). No moisture, moss, algae or any organic growth. No existing paint. Remove with paint stripper or mechanical means.
14. New concrete floor slabs must be fully cured (28 days curing period).