This is an epoxy-based coating especially formulated for application as lining for the interior surfaces of water tanks. Its epoxy base is water-resistant, chemical-resistant and abrasive-resistant. It is ideal for long-range submerged applications, such as the interior of concrete or steel water tanks, cisterns and indoor swimming pools and fish ponds. It is applicable for drinking water tanks and cisterns interiors. It is also applicable for condominium and commercial building sewage treatment plant concrete tank linings. Being part of a complete coating system it must be used with the proper epoxy-based primer and sealer. Its adhesion is superior as is its resistance to water-borne particle abrasion. It does not contain any water-soluble pigments. The attractive finish helps maintain a clean surface interior and makes the task of cleaning easier. It projects cleanliness and sanitation. It is two (2) component – Part A, Base and Part B, Catalyst. Reduce only with Destiny Epoxy Reducer.
Light sand in between coats to remove the gloss prior to applying second coats. Do the sanding immediately after the six (6) hours after the application since it may be too hard to sand after six (6) hours.
SURFACES TO BE PAINTED, SUBSTRATES
Properly primed metal or concrete. For interior of tanks only. Will chalk or lose its gloss with prolonged exposure to sunlight.
Destiny Epoxy Reducer only.
Do not tint.
Brush, roller or spray.
Observe all instructions and precautions for mixing and use as given in this bulletin.
COVERAGE/ SPREADING RATE
Thirty (30) to forty (40) Square Meter per 4 Liter on plain surface
Six (6) hours. Sixteen (16) to forty-eight (48) hours before recoating. Light sand in between coats to remove the gloss. Do the light sanding immediately after six (6) hours or coating may become too hard to sand.
Stir the Part A Base well. Then slowly pour all of the Part B Catalyst into the Part A can slowly and stir very well. Allow the mixture to stand for a ten (10) to twenty (20) minute Induction Period. Stir the mixture very briefly every five (5) minutes just to move the mixture. Slowly add Destiny Epoxy Reducer until the desired viscosity is attained. Stir very well.
Part A – 4 liter can with 3 liter contents and
Part B – 1 liter can with 1 liter contents
All two (2) containers are conveniently packaged in one (1) vertical carton with handle for easy handling, and for minimizing mix-up of components with other products during storage and mixing.
1. Store in shaded ventilated area.
2. Keep out of reach of children.
3. Keep tightly closed when not in use.
4. Be sure to follow the instructions for mixing and use.
5. Once mixing of Parts A and B is done the mixture must be totally consumed within two (2) hours or the mixture will start to harden in the can.
6. The two (2) components are packaged in one carton to avoid mixing with other products.
7. Provide adequate ventilation during application and during curing.
8. Flammable. Keep away from fire, sparks and heat during storage, during application and during curing. No smoking, no welding, no creation of sparks of any kind within the tank, its manholes or vicinity.
9. Sensitive to UV rays of the sun. Do not allow prolonged exposure to sunlight as applied product will lose its gloss and may chalk.
10. For interior use only.
NOTE: Epoline is acceptable as topcoat for interior of water tanks for drinking purposes.
FOR CONCRETE: Destiny Epoprime Water-based Epoxy Primer and Masonry Waterproofer (Parts A, B and C)
FOR STEEL: Destiny Epoxy Primers White, Gray or Red Oxide (Parts A and B) – Solvent-based. Reduce with Destiny Epoxy Reducer only.