A paste for smoothing out rough concrete and masonry surfaces prior to application of latex paint topcoats for interiors. It evens out, smoothes and hides concrete imperfections such as cracks, crevices roughness, porosity and unevenness. It is applicable for bare concrete, bare hollow blocks, plastered concrete precast concrete or concrete surfaces with partly scraped existing paint. Paste is the result of mixing water-based Skimkote with Portland or White Cement. Applied by putty knife. Easy to apply. Easy to sand. It dries with excellent adhesion and resistance to moisture. It does not sag on walls nor ceilings. No need to neutralize the surfaces and serves as primer for interiors.
Off-white at package viscosity. Gray when mixed with Portland Cement. Off-white when mixed with White Cement.
SURFACES TO BE PAINTED, SUBSTRATES
Concrete and other masonry.
Do not tint.
Apply by trowel or putty knife. Apply one (1) mm. at a time and allow two (2) to three (3) hours drying time in between coats. May be applied up to four (4) mm. thick. Sand with fine sandpaper. No need to neutralize the concrete surface and no need to neutralize the Skimkote surface prior to applying paints.
COVERAGE/ SPREADING RATE
0.6 to 0.8 kg./ sq. meter/ mm. of thickness, or
8.3 sq. meters per set of 5.0 kg. Skimkote base and 5.0 kg. Portland Cement
One (1) to two (2) hours
1. Screen the Portland or White Cement to remove all lumps.
2. Slowly add the screened cement to the Skimkote paste with constant stirring.
3. Mix the cement well into the paste to form a homogenous paste at a ratio of 5.0 kg. sieved cement to 5 kg. Skimkote.
4. Use an electric mixer for fast and more homogenous mixture.
5. Do not add any water.
6. Once mixed with cement consume the mixture within one (1) hour.
5 kg. (in 4 liter container) and
25 kg. pails (in 16 liter container)
1. Store in shaded ventilated area.
2. Keep out of reach of children.
3. Keep tightly closed when not in use.
4. May be stored for one (1) year provided well sealed.