EP-300 RED OXIDE
Available in three (3) colors. Two-component epoxy. Excellent for Architectural, Industrial and Marine uses. May be used for priming properly prepared (rust-free) metal roofs, steel casement windows, fire doors, fire escapes, railings, staircases, gates and grills. For industrial uses, recommended for properly prepared steel trusses, tanks, pipes, supports, catwalks, platforms, equipment and machinery. For marine above-water-line applications, on properly prepared steel-decks, masts, holds, railings, stairs and quarters. May be used for interior and exterior but must be topcoated when used for exteriors. It provides superior protection against rust particularly in harsh marine and industrial environments. Available in two (2) component (Parts A and B). Combines the ultimate adhesion of the epoxy glue with the rust inhibition properties of the pigments used. May also be used as primer for wood and concrete.
Available in white, gray and red oxide.
Light sand to remove the gloss prior to applying subsequent coats. Do the sanding six (6) hours after the application since it may be too hard to sand after six (6) hours.
SURFACES TO BE PAINTED, SUBSTRATES
White and Gray – Concrete, wood and metal.
Red Oxide – for Iron, steel, aluminum and galvanized iron. Especially formulated for industrial steel structures and equipment and marine uses.
Destiny Epoxy Reducer.
Do not tint.
Brush, roller or spray.
Observe all instructions and precautions for mixing and use as given in this bulletin.
COVERAGE/ SPREADING RATE
Thirty (30) to forty (40) square meters per 4 Liter on plain surface
Six (6) hours. Twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) hours before recoating. Light sand in between coats to remove the gloss. Do light sanding immediately after six (6) hours or coating may become too hard to sand.
Stir the Part A Base well. Then slowly pour all of the Part B Catalyst into the Part A can slowly and stir very well. Allow the mixture to stand for a twenty (20)-minute Induction Period. Stir the mixture briefly every five (5) minutes just to move the mixture. Slowly add Reducer until the desired viscosity is attained.
Stir very well.
Part A – 1 liter can with 0.75 liter contents, and
Part B – 250 ml. can with 0.25 liter contents, OR
Part A – 4 liter can with 3.0 liter contents, and
Part B – 1 liter can with 1.0 liter contents.
All two (2) containers are conveniently packaged in one (1) vertical carton with handle for easy handling, and minimizing mix-up of components with other products during storage and mixing.
1. Store in shaded ventilated area.
2. Keep out of reach of children.
3. Keep tightly closed when not in use.
4. Be sure to follow the instructions for mixing and use.
5. Once mixing of Parts A and B is done the mixture must be totally consumed within two (2) hours or the mixture will harden in the can.
6. The three (3) components are packaged in one carton to avoid mixing with other products.
7. Provide adequate ventilation during application and during curing.
8. Flammable. Keep away from fire, sparks and heat during storage, during application and during curing.
9. Sensitive to UV rays of the sun. Do not expose to sunlight as prolonged exposure of the applied product to sunlight may cause the coating to lose its gloss and to chalk.
10. When used for exterior, use as primer only. Must be topcoated.